Best Dry Bags 2018 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Did you know that not all bags made of waterproof material are dry bags? Some bags may be water resistant, but if they stay in water much longer, they will leak in water. This is usually because of how the seams are forged together.
Dry bags, however, have unique closures and seams that are designed to prevent the water from entering even as the pressure rises. You need to know the difference to avoid winding up with the wrong bag.
Top 10 List of Best Dry Bags
This is why we have created a list of the best top 10 dry bags in the market.
|1.||Earth Pak- Waterproof Dry Bag (Editor’s Choice)||10-40 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|2||Earth Pak Roll Top Dry Compression Sack (Runner’s Up)||10-30 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|3||Acrodo Waterproof Dry Bag||20 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|4||Voli Dry Bag Backpack||10-20 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|5||KastKing Dry Bag||10-30 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|6||KastKing Waterproof Roll Type Duffle Bag||30 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|7||Sak Gear Backpack Waterproof Bag||35 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|8||Odyssey Waterproof Roll Top Dry Bag||10 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|9||Sak Gear DuffleSak Waterproof Duffle Bag||60 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
|10.||Adventure Lion Premium Dry Bag||5-40 Litres||500D PVC||View on Amazon|
1. Earth Pak – Waterproof Dry Bag
- Front zippered pocket
- 500D PVC material which offers durability and protection
- Thermo-welded seams
- Waterproof phone case
- Can float alongside your kayak or boat
- Adjustable shoulder straps with hooks for comfort when carrying
This bag comes in two different sizes and four different colors meaning you can get a bag that will fit everything you intend to bring with you. It is a single strapped dry bag with a front pocket that allows convenient storage.
- You can easily access the necessary things without having to open the entire bag because it has a zippered front pocket.
- The transparent phone case is a great bonus because you won’t have to buy one separately.
- Has thermo-welded seams that for extra protection in case of invasive water.
- May not be the best choice for those who prefer backpack style dry bags because it is a single strap back.
For people who like canoeing, this bag is the best option. It is also an excellent value for your money because it comes with a waterproof phone case and allows easy access from the front pocket. This bag is very convenient for people who prefer sports and water activities. Can also safely secure your camera and small electronics because it has a snap and lock closure.
2. Earth Pak Roll Top Dry Compression Sack
- Perfect for boating, rafting, camping, hiking, fishing, kayaking and other outdoor activities
- 24-42 inch shoulder straps
- 30-40 liters capacity
- Waterproof phone case suitable for phones up to 6.5 inches screen size
It comes in sizes as large as 30 liters and as small as 10 liters. You can carry supplies for many people and still leave enough room to spare. To keep your items safe and protected, all you have to do is toss your gear into the bag and roll it down.
- Can carry enough supplies for multiple people
- Perfect for shoppers on a budget. It is very cheap yet of excellent quality
- It comes in five different colors meaning you can organize and coordinate numerous bags without mixing them up.
- Lacks easy access pockets. You have to open the entire bag to grab what you want.
This is a great bag if you are planning on going to a kayak camping or any outdoor adventures. This is because you can use the largest size to carry any amount of camping gear without the fear that you will end up with a soggy campsite.
3. Voli Dry Bag Backpack 20L
- Either backpack or over the shoulder
- Perfect for hiking, kayaking, and other outdoor activities
- High-quality dry bag
This bag is a dry pack with two straps that come in three different colors and has a 20-liter capacity which makes it perfect for outings. The unique design allows you to carry the bag either on your back or your shoulder. The straps are adjustable and removable.
If you pack it tightly, you can pack it tightly and place the important things you would want to access frequently in the front compartment. The bag is big enough to pack everything you need for a day trip and not so bulky to carry either.
It has a pouch that is easy to access and perfect for storing your camera, goggles and other stuff that you don’t want to get wet. There are two steps you can use to waterproof your stuff. You can roll down the water-tight rolltop three times, or you can snap the buckle shut.
- You can comfortably wear it because it is a traditional backpack design. This gives you peace of mind when carrying the bag because you know your gear is on you all the time.
- It is comfortable because it lays flat against your bag.
- Easy to organize it because of the pockets and compartments
- You might need two bags if you want to carry more with you because it doesn’t come in a 30L size
Budget adventurers will love this dry back. The bag is high quality for a reasonable price. If you plan on going on a hike or go camping in a wet region, this bag won’t disappoint you. You do not need to worry about the bag tearing and wearing because it is very high quality and it is built to last long.
4. Acrodo Waterproof Dry Bag
- 500D PVC material
- 10 and 20 liters capacity
- Lightweight and durable
- Great protection from water
- High-quality dry bag
- Sealed design
This dry bag comes in 10 or 20-liter sizes. If you want to go on a short trip, the 10l is perfect while the 20l is perfect for a single person long trip or a two people short trip. It comes in either white or black color. Solo travelers who like multi-day adventures may find the 20l bag perfect.
- Best for a lake trip, kayak camping, or hike in a wet area for a reasonable price
- Has adjustable shoulder straps that make it easy to use and offers fantastic versatility for people traveling with a lot of gear.
- The PVC material makes it lightweight and soft
- Doesn’t have a 30l size so it may not be perfect for people going for long trips and need to carry lots of gear.
This bag doesn’t have everything you need for a dry bag, and it’s a great buy. It has no additional selling points or fancy extras. First-time hikers, canoers, and campers can be able to make the most out of the dry bag.
- Perfect for beach, camping, kayaking, fishing, hiking and other outdoor activities
- Waterproof, sand proof, snow proof, and dust proof
- See-through window panel
- Unique water-tight double overlap
This bag comes in three different sizes and four colors. It ranges from 10 liters to 30 liters. It has 500D PVC material that makes it durable and 100% waterproof. It has a double closure system which makes it convenient. It is reinforced with vinyl at the stress points and has an additional PVC lining on the top.
You can be able to see your gear because it has a transparent window so you can be able to locate your gear without rummaging through the whole bag. This bag can also float because it is airtight. You can also secure it with a buckle. Which makes it efficient because you can use it as an additional emergency flotation device.
- Great bag for keeping things from mixing up because it has a clear window that allows you to see what is inside
- It has a reinforced seal against water because the bag overlaps twice when you roll the top down
- You can carry it either by the handle or the by adjusting the strap, whichever way you are comfortable.
- Has a vinyl smell that tends to intensify when in hot water
This bag can hold up even in the harshest situations. Whether you use it as your camping gear, or for your kayaking accessories, or to store your fishing gear, it will give you the best performance.
6. KastKing Waterproof Roll-Top Type Duffel Bag
- Zippered compartment
- Grab handle
- 30 liters capacity
- Waterproof, sand proof, snow proof, and dust proof
This bag is a 30-liter bag that comes in two colors. Since the bag is 30l, you can pack all your gear even for a camping trip. Since it is a duffle bag, you can carry it horizontally with the strap. It can also act as a waterproof gym bag.
You can also use it as a dry compression sack for your cell phone and camera. It can also double as an emergency bag or a fishing tackle. The zippered compartment allows you to access your items quickly.
- This bag is considered everything proof meaning that not only water but also snow which makes it perfect for cold weather hikes or winter camping trips
- Has a small transparent window at the front that allows you to see the contents of the bag. This makes it easy to get what you need even when the bag is tightly packed.
- You can keep your gear organized because it has lots of storage options
- The zippered compartment on the outside is not waterproof so you can’t put a delicate thing or your smartphone.
Perfect for people who prefer to carry a lot of things on their trip. It is much larger compared to other dry bags that are mostly standard size and you are guaranteed that your things won’t get wet. This dry bag could be a perfect gift for outdoor lovers.
7. Sak Gear BackSak Waterproof Backpack Review
- Welded Seams
- 35 liters capacity
- Padded back support
- Reflective trim
- Cushioned adjustable straps
- Inner zip pocket
- Splash-proof outer zip pocket
This bag is made of durable, thick, waterproof and resistant waterproof material because the material is 500DOVC. It comes in seven different color that is, navy blue, camouflage, army green, pink, grey, yellow and black.
You can put your small-sized items like earphones, cables, IDS, etc. in the outer pocket. The pocket allows you to retrieve them fast without having to look through the whole bag. The zip also has a reflective line around it which is effective for when you are cycling or running in the darkness.
- Perfect for people who prefer multi-dry trips because they can carry enough dry gear
- The zippered compartments allow you to keep their gear With a front pocket that you can put the things, you need to access quickly.
- Has a versatile closure that can both be rolled down from the top of the bag or clicked together and create a handle. You can also buckle it around with the side clips.
- It is one of the most expensive options because if the innovative technology used
This bag is perfect if you are looking for a durable waterproof backpack that will last you a long time. Plus you never have to worry about running out of space because it has a large capacity. The sternum clip and padded back support offer comfort and convenience and relives the pressure on muscles.
This bag is easy to close. If you are not satisfied with the bag you can return it for a refund. It offers night time safety because it has a reflective patch and trim that will keep you and your backpack visible at night. When the bag is floating, the reflective design makes it easier to spot and retrieve.
- waterproof phone case
- Compression bag
- Keeps gear dry for camping, kayaking, beach, hiking, boating, rafting and fishing
- Orange color
- Durable and adjustable shoulder straps
This bag is best for aquatic adventures because it is 100% waterproof. The bag is a standard style but has excellent quality. If you are obsessed with innovation and technology, then you will absolutely love this bag.
It comes in 10l sizes which may not be perfected for long hikes or camping trips. However, it is used by sailing teams and professional dive companies which means you can rely on it. It can handle rugged use because it is made of thick thermo-welded PVC tarpaulin. It also comes with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- The thermo-welded tarpaulin allows it to survive almost anything. The material is hard to puncture or scratch, and the seams won’t give out on you.
- You can confidently trust its quality because dive teams have tested it
- Has a waterproof smartphone holder which is a big bonus and offers your phone protection.
- Doesn’t have a 30l size which means you may have to carry multiple bags if you want to bring along lots of stuff
The technology used to design this bag is impressive. The material is incredible, and the seam sealing system makes this bag superior compared to other bags. This bag is perfect for people who will use their dry bag a lot and need it to hold up to anything.
- 40L and 60L sizes
- Welded Seams
- Shoulder Straps
- Inner zip pocket
- two splash-proof outer zip pockets
- Reflective trim
This duffle style dry bag comes in three different sizes. It is designed to hold large equipment. Perfect for the occasions that regular folding top dry bags. Its duffle styles allow you to carry it with a handle or with a single strap.
It has a 60-liter capacity which means it is much larger than most dry bags. It comes with versatile straps that allow you to carry the bag over your shoulder comfortably. You can carry an entire campsite or kayak camping material in this bag.
- The capacity allows you to only carry one bag for your trip because it is spacious enough
- Comes with D rings made of metal that will enable you to latch to your boat or kayak to prevent it from falling or sliding overboard
- Offers room for the organization because it comes with an individual compartment with zips.
- Compared to how much you would spend on three 20l liter bags, this bag is a bit expensive
Perfect for people who need to carry lots of stuff on their trip. You can bring a lot of things without worrying whether they will get wet. Its capacity makes this bag the best option for frequent campers.
10. Adventure Lion Premium Dry Bag
- Waterproof guarantee
- Different sizes for different adventures
- Risk-free adventurers
- Lightweight and sturdy
This bag is heavy duty and waterproof which makes it excellent quality. It comes in four sizes and seven different colors. The largest capacity is 40l, and the smallest is 5 l which gives you a variety of options and makes it perfect for various types of adventures.
Even with the smallest bag, you will have enough space to store at least two wallets, two phones and a number of small-sized towels.
- The bag can float when you attach it on your kayak or raft
- Comes with adjustable straps that make it easy to carry and the bags are lightweight
- The bigger bag has a handle and comes with two straps while the 20l bag has a handle as well
- The straps are not padded which can make the bags less comfortable to carry.
The Adventure Lion Premium dry bag offers you various options which means you get to select the dry bag that will perfectly suit your needs.
Reviewing The Best Dry Bags
What should you look for before investing your money in either of the bags?
The Material of the Bag
Dry bags are made of two materials that are vinyl or nylon.
- Vinyl: this material is mostly used to make the small dry bags used to store personal items. It is durable and water resistant. It protects your valuable and personal belongings from any water damage. Best for casual, dry bag users
- Nylon: gives the bag excellent durability and a shiny effect. It is coated with silicon which makes it waterproof and makes the bag abrasion resistant. Perfect for people taking longer trips and those who continuously use the dry bag.
Type of Closure
How much waterproof the dry bag can be is determined by how the bag closes. Some bags offer both fully taped seams and partially taped seams. Both closures have their individual benefits. The fully taped seams provide extra protection from water infiltration. They protect the bag even when they fully emerge.
The closure types available are:
- Hypalon Roll Top: this mechanism keeps the water out because it has a roll top and a snap buckle that makes the perfect sealing device. It has a carrying handle that makes the bag easily portable even when it is inflated. You can use it to tie bags together or to your boat or kayak
- Zipper Seal: the zipper lock is so much easy to use. The zipper seal can also keep water out and offer protection for all your valuables and personal belongings.
Some bags come with D rings while others don’t in which case you can purchase separately. The D rings allow you to attach many bags together or your boat or kayak so that you can be able to control the bags. They shaped in letter D form and minimized the pressure applied on the buckle to top it from breaking when many bags are attached.
Most dry bags come with straps while others don’t. If you are a sports enthusiast or an adventure lover, then you know the importance of carrying straps. Carrying straps offer the bag better mobility. The straps also allow you to carry the bag over your shoulder. Therefore, consider buying the dry bag that comes with straps.
The bags that have carrying straps improve their utility by a lot more folds. You don’t have to carry the nag in your hands if you can use straps that can be fastened to your back or shoulders.
When buying a dry bag, you have to consider the size. If you are looking for a dry to store your personal belongings like electronics, toiletries, light food, medicine, and first-aid kits, then you can opt for the 5L storage dry bag because they are small.
However, if you need to carry a lot of things with you, then you can use a 20L capacity bag because it will hold a few electronic items for a camping group, food to last at least a weekend, and even a sleeping bag. If you want to carry enough clothes and supplies to last you a week, then the 30L capacity is the best option for you. If you ‘re going to take supplies for more than a week for a single person, then there are 40L and 60L options.
Brands differ regarding price, quality, various aspects and also their range of products. The best option would be to go for the brands that are reputable, but there is also no harm in trying out new or different brands. When you are considering the brand you want to go with you, have to consider your requirements and budget.
Choosing a particular brand among a range of brands may not be easy so the best option would be to do your research on the brand reputation and their product lineup. You might decide to go for a cheaper option only to find out that it doesn’t meet your expectations.
Read online reviews on the brand if you are looking to make a long-term investment. Always opt for the highest quality.
Useful Tips after Choosing Your Preferred Dry Bag
Before you hand over your money always make sure that you do a careful inspection of the bag. If you are buying the bag online, make sure you are buying from a reputable platform or brand that has no record delivering goods that have manufacturing defects.
Opt for the dry bag that will be suitable for all weather condition and can offer the best protection from water submersion, rain, and other issues.
Keep the dry back away from water and only use it when you need it. All dry bags can be submerged to certain depth because they come with a submersion capacity before they can start to fail their purpose. It is therefore not advisable to keep the bags submerged at a considerable depth or for an extended period unless you are having additional protection that is boasting the bag’s waterproof quality.
To make sure that the bag lasts longer always store it at a secure temperature or a neutral place when you are not using it. You also need to regularly clean the bag’s interior with anti-bacterial wipes or sprays. Follow up the cleaning with through drying and exposure to air. Before using it, always make sure that the interior is clean and dry.
Our best choice is the Earth Pak dry bag because of it perfect for all outdoor activities and comes in a variety of colors, that is yellow, orange, blue, green, and black. The 30 and 40 liters capacity come with two padded shoulder straps. It also goes for a reasonable price for its quality.
All the above dry bags allow you to keep enjoying your outdoor activities without having to worry about your belongings. They are all the perfect solution for those who hike, camp, boat, and kayak.